Since I downloaded SuperDrive Update 2.1, whenever I restart my Mac, it still launches, telling me there are no devices requiring the firmware update. I know this, because I already updated it!
What the SuperDrive update doesn’t let me know is how to stop it from opening each time I restart my Mac.
Removing SuperDrive Update 2.1 from a Mac’s startup sequence is easy:
- Go to > System Preferences…
- Under the System header, click the “Accounts” option
- Select the “Login Items” tab
- Select the SuperDrive Update 2.1 Application (so it is highlighted-not the textbox-just click on the name of the application so it is highlighted)
- Click the ” – ” button to delete the application from your startup sequence
- Close the Accounts window
original post can be found here Super Drive Not So Super