Every Day Quick Tips
- Alt+O = Outbox (sent items)
- Alt+I = Inbox (received items)
- Alt+U = Marks messages as read/unread
- Alt+P = Phone call log
- Alt+S = SMS messages
- Alt+V = Voicemail messages
- Alt+M = MMS messages.
- U – to cycle through unread messages
Once inside the message and you need to:
- Reply, r.
- Forward, f.
- Reply to All, L
- Go to the next message based on receive date, n
- Go to previous message based on receive date, p.
- Go to top of message (or the Inbox), t (or b for bottom).
- File a message, I.
- See a sender’s email address, highlight the name, q.
- Go to the nearest unread message, u.
- Select text by holding down the NUM (or Shift) key and
scroll (this works with email, calendar, contacts, tasks).
- Insert the current date, type l (an L) d, SPACE key.
- Insert the current time, type l (an L) t, SPACE key.
- Type accented letter, type the letter, scroll trackball left or right
- Type numbers in a paragraph, hold down ALT and type.
Or to turn on NUM LOCK: ALT, NUM, type. To turn off, NUM.
- Add an apostrophe in a word such as didn’t, type didnt and AutoText corrects it.
- Cut, Copy, Paste: select text by holding down NUM and using the trackball to scroll across the text. To cut, ALT+DEL. To copy, ALT+click trackball. To paste, NUM+click trackball.