Phases in a developers life
- Enthusiastic – build programs for real people – but its boring and uncool
- The disillusioned developer – you figure real people have boring problems
- Build generic solutions there cool, become an enthusiastic architect – build the generic thing machine
- But that takes loads of time and everyone else is still waiting to see the end product. The customer does not care about you generic thing machine.
- Opps the generic thing machine turns out not to be as generic as you first thought. But you really want to force everything into it
- you become the disillusioned architect, but keep on gaining experience
- then you become the “wise” architect Question *, Answer, it depends